Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Why I hate Online gaming, and yet continue to do it.

Let's do some legit post shit, I've been writing, and trying to get back in the swing of doing comedy again... My humor doesn't work well in michigan...

Okay! So check it out first up the super bowl is coming up, and though I'm not a big fan of the super bowl, or football, or sports that aren't hockey, I'm a huge packers fan! So... Go Packers...


Anyway, on to topic!

First and foremost I fucking despise that I have to pay to use Xbox Live, when the Playstation Network is free.

Second and fivemost (yeah I made that cheesy joke) I really fucking hate the idea that the ESRB rating system doesn't work. I shouldn't have to play games with a bunch of retarded kids who say the N word every five seconds, and scream into the mic at every possible chance, they are practically begging me to shoot them in the face with some sort of home made, knife gun.

Additionally I despise those assholes that blast music so loud I can hear it on their headset, I mean seriously who the fuck wants to hear black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow while they are trying to throw a knife in last stand in CoD? No fucking body, that's who. Those mutha fuckers doing that can suck on a dick flavored razor!

You know what else I can't stand about playing online? FUCKING LAG!!!!!!! Now I understand lag is going to happen, but does it have to be so bad that I lose connections constantly? I mean really I'm a nerd, but I'm not that tech savvy, and even I know how to set my wireless settings to give me the best gaming performance from the wi-fi.

That's just in consoles! I can't even start on PC's. Lets just say that there are a lot of fucking simple ways to cheat in PC games if you know what you're doing. (and the people I run across obviously do.)

Now for PC's I can say the positive is that those who cheat aren't the only ones altering "the game" there are people creating additional content that makes playing on PC worth while, how many L4D2 levels are there on PC? (Which is another thing I'm pissed off about on the xbox, I want a level editor in l4d3's console version)How much more amazing is TF2? And of course the ultimate argument for excellent use of PC gaming you can play along with other people...

Minecraft.'Nuff said.


Now the consoles are a lot harder to justify my playing of, even though I play consoles way more! The comfort of a controller in my hand, it feels traditional, and right. I enjoy that. It's probably why I liked playing FF11 on my 360 when I did. (I only played for like a month, but damn it was fun.) But the best argument for consoles is more of my friends play them, and I love playing online with my friends, when we work together, we take down fuckers, and have a blast doing it, even if we lose we enjoy ourselves... Look. Seriously. When I can play Team Objective in Reach, and have fun consistently, you know I'm having a blast.


I think its just one of those things, you gotta take the good with the bad.

What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Rage on man! I hate idiots that think they are everyone's D.J and blast their music too. They never seem to be the ones that have good music taste either.

    ReplyDelete